Buy Your Quality 21-key Kalimba Today
Have you been to Africa and experienced the sounds of the kalimba? At Little Kalimba Shop, let the sounds of Africa come to you.
What You Can Expect From Us Regarding a 21-key Kalimba
You have only ever held one in your hands once, how exactly should you go about deciding which kalimba you should buy?
- The sound. The most important thing that you will have to consider before buying a kalimba is the sound it makes. A flat-board kalimba ensures a clear tone, while the hollow-body kalimba makes for varying sounds as you move your hands over the hole while you play.
- The material. The type of wood does not have a remarkable influence on the sound, but it is more about the look you want to go for, from the basic acacia to the acacia maple, we will have one to suit your taste.
- Usability. This instrument is one of the easiest to learn, and you will be playing your first tune in no time! In our online store you will find a Kalimba to suit any level of experience, from beginner to professional – we have it all!
We also stock a 21-key kalimba online. Usually tuned to C major this instrument provides a wider range musical range than the smaller Kalimbas, producing a brighter sound and the ability to create expressive higher pitches.
Tips on How to Learn to Play a 21 Kalimba
With our Kalimba kits, you will have everything you need to start right and learn to play in the easiest way possible. Your kalimba will already be tuned to C major so you can just start playing when you get it.
- The keys. The keys on a kalimba are left, and right from the centre, for example, D would be the first tine left from the centre, while E would be the first tine right of the centre. They are usually played together with the left and right thumb. Chords are next to each other, and two tines together make a chord.
- Playing tabs. We provide you with stickers to put on your tines so you can learn the different notes. Once you have downloaded the tabs for a favourite song, it is easy to read them from left to right, top to bottom, and play the corresponding dot on the kalimba.
- No knowledge. The best part about the kalimba is that you require no musical background to play it. Reading the tab dots is all you need. It is best to practice one section of a song over and over until you have mastered it before moving on to the rest of the song.
The motion of playing the kalimba is flicking the tines down with your thumbs while you hold the kalimba with both hands. You will feel the vibrations of the tines, hear the sounds and experience the calming effect physically and audibly.
About Little Kalimba Shop
We want you to experience the joys of the kalimba and to make your learning journey easy. We provide you with a storage bag, a tuning hammer for when you have exhausted your kalimba and a learning booklet so you can get the basics right quickly.
Contact us if you need more information or guidance on which kalimba to buy.